AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

What is this yellow daisy-like flower?

I got a pot of gorgeous yellow flowers at the grocery store today. They are so beautiful- I had to get them! :lol: there was no tag on them and no one knew what the name was, so I figured I'd as here!
Any ideas?
They stood outside of the store, so I'm guessing they are outdoor plants (?) There were also some other colours to choose from (purple I believe :? )
I placed them indoors beacuse they look amazing on my kitchen table!
phpQQqyD6PM.jpg
phpQQqyD6PM.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 19842 times

applestar
Mod

I looks like a chrysanthemum. I was thinking but that's a fall flower... but then it IS fall in the southern hemisphere....

Asica

I was thinking same thing. See if they have a very strong smell. Not necessarily very pleasant, but strong.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But they won't do well indoors. If you want them to grow, you will need to take them back out in the sunshine. Otherwise they will be a temporary flower arrangement for your table and then die.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Thank you asica, applestar and rainbowgardener for the suggestions! I think you are correct- it is probably an Irvine Chrysanthemum- https://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/pla ... 879e.shtml

I suppose I'll plant it in a pot outside under a cover, as the flower petals look too delicate for rain.
Have a wonderful day,
-Anna

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

I gave the flowers to my friend that doesn't know much about gardening, and she put them on her balcony. And they are doing great! Look even better than before :roll:

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”