Dgiles

Is this early signs of Rose Rosetta?

New to roses in general. Just got this from the nursery a few weeks ago, it's a knockout rose bush and not near other roses on my yard. Please please help!! Please enlarge so you can see what I'm concerned about. The new growth the bronze veins on older leaves... Etc. thank you!!!
Attachments
image.jpg

Dgiles

Another picture of the bush in question
Attachments
image.jpg

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I don't think so. My knock out roses have deep purple/red new growth. As long as it doesn't stay that way and get spindly, it should be fine!

Dgiles

Thank you so much!! She gave me a discount wait it need pruning and fertilizer and really just get it in the ground. It's red and she said most people were wanting the pink, which I got at the same time and I thought why not mix them up in the yard more colors... You made my day!

imafan26
Mod

I agree. I think the rose looks pretty healthy. There are some white scratches on the leaves that may be thrips.
Roses are high maintenance. They need to be pruned after each bloom and fed, preventive fungicide sprays during humid weather, and a regular inspection and early treatment for bug control.

This is rose rosette virus. Most virus will cause color breaks and noticeable distortions.
https://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/p ... c2109.html

Dgiles

Thank you for the advice!! I've sprayed it down good and will keep a watch on it.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”