HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

My Little Shade Garden

I designed this little shade garden. I planted the arborvitaes when they were only about 18" tall and now they are almost full grown. The neighborhood cats kept knocking over the resin froggies so I moved them to their new spot this morning. The little blue Forget-Me-Nots were the result of some free seeds from the funeral home. It's hard to see, but there is a Honeysuckle on the left that is shooting straight up this year. I hope it wraps around the arborvitaes. There is a pink-white Bleeding Heart on the right. There are 2 dark purple lilacs inside the arborvitaes on the other side, so you can't see them in this photo. The lilacs are reaching above the arborvitaes and look really nice. Next year the lilacs should be visible from both sides of the arborvitaes. I am going to keep perfecting it. I'd think a small bird bath would be nice.
image.jpg

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Looks amazing! O:) love the little frog decorations! I also love how the bushes creature a cozy enclosed sort of space around the shade garden to make it look extra cute!

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I forgot to mention that the 2 pots will have flowers in them. Usually petunias.

Lemondrop

What a lovely little garden! And yes, a birdbath would be a wonderful addition.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”