HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Bleeding Heart

I picked up a pink-white Bleeding Heart a few years ago. It was on the clearance rack, small and neglected looking, almost dead.
Look at it now. I took this picture this morning. It's doing great. It loves where it is, mostly shade with a bit of sun.
image.jpg

KeyWee

I get lots of things from the "buy me I'm dead" rack. It looks great! Most things you find on these racks are the result of over-stocking and lack of attention. You can work wonders for little money if you go and check often.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

lovely! I haven't figured out where a shade garden will go at our new place yet, but I "need" to have one! :)

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

It looks even better in real life. I'm going get a better picture of it.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Here are some better pictures. I added a black backdrop so that the pink hearts are easier to see.
image.jpg
image.jpg

huntress

Beautiful! Your bleeding heart plant is definitely thriving. :D Isn't it amazing what a little bit of love and TLC can accomplish?

Enjoy those gorgeous flowers!

Lemondrop

It's gorgeous! Bleeding heart is such a unique, lovely plant. I always stop to admire them when I chance upon one. I love that yours is a rescued plant. It looks very happy and healthy in its new home.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

It looks much better in real life.

I don't have a white bleeding heart plant, but I saw one and it is very nice, but the name 'bleeding heart' doesn't fit, so I call the white variety 'Angel Hearts'.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”