Mkreed333
Newly Registered

New to calla lilies

Hello! I am new to this forum and to growing flowers. I have been growing succulents and vegetables for a couple of years now with (sometimes moderate) success. I recently planted two calla lily plants. I planted them in a bed that we originally had no success with for new plants (only the older more established plants that came with the house have thrived). Slowly, we are having some very mild success with new plants in this bed, after digging out old roots, aerating, fertilizing. So back to the calla lilies...I planted them, added some good soil and some homemade compost. They seemed to be doing well at first but now are starting to have yellow and brown spots on the larger older (top) leaves. I read that this can sometimes even from watering too much or too little, fertilizing too much or needing nitrogen. Please help! I want these plants to be a success!!! I am attaching pictures.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 991 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.56 KiB) Viewed 991 times

catgrass
Green Thumb

How much sun are they receiving? Afternoon shade is good for callas. Sort of looks like sunburn.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Calla Lilies don't like fun sun. Part sun/shade is better for them.
In the picture it looks like it is quite sunny. Maybe that's the reason why they are turning yellowish.

Mkreed333
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone! They do get full sun here...

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Not a problem :) good luck and happy gardening!!!

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”