Rose bloom
Green Thumb

New camellia plant

So, camellia plants. I bought a camellia plant at Descanso Gardens (wonderful place to visit), the gift shop had camellia plants. So, I just happened to fall in love with Bowie (that's what I'm naming it), because Bowie had red and white flowers. Just so alluring. And so, being the person I am, I bought Bowie. For $48.95. But I had a heck of a hard time getting him into the car. It was a free admission day and the parking lot was packed. The car was located about 10 minutes away. Easy, right? Yeah, not so easy. Why did Bowie have to be so darn heavy? I tried to put him in the trunk. He said, Nuh uh. No way, Jose. So I wedged him into the backseat. And drove 30 minutes to my house. And guess what? He has a bud on him that's halfway bloomed! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

imafan26
Mod

Lucky girl. You are lucky. I put plants (orchids) in my trunk. They would burn in the back seat of the car in the 20 minute drive home.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Poor you. I was lucky enough because CA was 70 ish degrees that day. But I'm pretty sure had it been hotter, Bowie would have dried up. :D :> :lol:

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

It bloomed fully today! The buds were a white tipped with red,but when fully opened the flowers are white with pink borders. Sort of like really fancy napkins....

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”