Shirley poppy seedling:

Violas:

Potted lavender:

Gerber daisy:

Pea tendril:

Portulaca bloom:

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

I love gerber daisies and that one is especially beautiful.

Jai_Ganesha

Thank you! I do, too.

I almost NEVER buy a flower that's already in full bloom--I prefer to get buds and that way enjoy the bloom time for longer but when I saw this one I had to have it.

I'm hoping it goes to seed and produces some viable seeds. For some reason, I've known Gerbers to go to seed but not really produce much in the way of viable offspring. Any idea why?

Flowers

Wow what a nice camera! What kind is it? (oh and some lovely subjects, too. Love the violas, I don't usually like violas but yours look so nice!)

Jai_Ganesha

It's a Fuji finepix model. I forget the number. I breed mice for show, so I need a camera which is capable of photographing small, fast-moving objects. It just so happens that it does really well with flowers, too!

The trick with violas is to keep them picked. I go out and remove ALL the flowers about twice a week. This keeps them vibrant and fresh. Otherwise, they tend to look "sad" and "saggy." Most people grow them as a landscaping flower or a border flower, but I eat them (and photograph them) so I keep them picked! :)

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”