tomato boy
Newly Registered

better late than never

When I grew up in New Jersey my mom had something called angel trumpets and the scent at night was amazing while I lived in the south for years I had yellow and red but the did not survive the move. I am on the mad hunt for seeds for white angel trumpet or moon flower bush is what the new name for it I think. Any ideas want my kids to know what the smell like

catgrass
Green Thumb

I don't know of Angel Trumpet seeds. I propagate mine from cuttings. Angel Trumpet and moonflower are 2 different plants. Both have wonderful fragrance at dusk/night. Angel Trumpet makes the large, pendulum type hanging flower-about 4-6 inches long. I have yellow, but there is pink and white, also. Moonflower vine is a vine-related to Morning Glory. Large white flower that resembles a morning glory flower, opens at late evening. There is also Datura, which is sometimes called moonflower. I have purple and yellow. Their flowers face upward, and are trumpet shaped also. To me, they really stink during the day, but at night, their smell changes to sweet. Which are you looking for?

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”