RobinM

Walking Trail and Gardens in the woods

Hi guys and gals. I'm currently working on cutting some walking trails through my woods (3 acres) and have started adding some shade flower beds along the path. I am just in the beginning phases. I am wondering if there is a clever and creative way to get some water irrigated out there to get me through the dryer months of July and August. I had thought about making some rain barrels out of plastic trash cans and filling them with water, then driving them out there with the help of my riding mower. The mower has a wagon attachment. Do any of you have any better ideas? The other idea I had was to extend the backwash piping from the pool out there with more pvc pipe added on and cut holes in the piping along the flower beds but that would take a lot of piping.

Any help?
Robin
Attachments
Trail4.jpg
Trail4.jpg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Trail3.jpg
Trail3.jpg (47.89 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Trail5.jpg
Trail5.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 716 times

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Um, an olla, an unglazed pot has been used as slow water seep for plants in the south west.

A # 10 can with a couple nail holes in the bottom could become a disposable substitute.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Rain barrels are a good idea. Does the backwash water from the pool have chlorine? If so NIX that idea.

Good luck

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”