pow wow

Thanks to a developer I will lose the sun!

The house on my south side is about to be demolished so a developer can build a two story duplex. It's not a big flower bed but I have spent 20 years on it. Trying this and that and it's only been the last few years that I have been satisfied with it. I count on the sun on that south side of my house, I have also grown my toms there for over 20yrs. I'm crushed about it, but I guess I will have to make the sacrifices so some builder can line his pockets with hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I suppose i will have to start making plans for a shade garden and move all my perennials in the early spring to someplace where they will have their sun. Already decided my ladder will stay and it will be filled with begonias next year.
Here's my little side garden last year and where it is at right now.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Re: Thanks to a developer I will lose the sun!

Sorry about the sun issue. :( It is a very pretty garden.
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

grwrn

Beautiful quaint garden. Can you turn it into a shade garden?
Instagram : grwrn

pow wow

Thank you Elizabeth and grwrn. Yes grwrn, I will have no choice but to dig every plant up and start over with shade plants. I could just forget about it, but I might enjoy the challenge once i get going. I need to plan when and where my sun loving plants are going to be moved to.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

That is a lovely space! Before you dig everything up, watch the sun and shade in other parts of the yard. Also you won't know just how this space will change until it happens.
Have fun!
Susan

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”