rubyred716
Newly Registered

NEED ADVICE ON MY CONTAINER PLANTS

Hi everyone,

I decided to plant this year and I need some advice on my container plants. I don't have a garden area to plant so that's why I planted in containers. I went to Home Depot and bought Miracle Gro Potting Mix. On the front it says "Grows plants twice as big, Feeds up to 6 months, More blooms for more color." So the flowers I planted a little over a week ago are marigolds and impatiens. The impatiens I know like shade but they started to look like the flowers were shriveling up a couple days after I planted them...I haven't watered them a lot at all because the soil feels moist. So I took them out of the pots ( I have 2 small pots and I planted 1 in each pot) and replanted a new impatien plant in each. They look about the same since I planted them 4 days ago. The marigolds look great. (my favorite flowers!)

I also planted tomatoes, peppers, basil, and strawberries with the same soil. I didn't add any fertilizer to the soil when I planted them. All of the vegetables and strawberries look good, but 2 of the pepper plants their leaves fell off and they look like they're dying ( I think because I planted them too close to the wall of the container.)

All of the plants get good sunlight except for the impatiens since I know they don't really like the sun that much.

My questions are, should I be adding fertilizer? If so, what kind/brand, how much, how frequently, and when should I start doing it?

Also, I haven't watered the plants in 4 days and they still feel damp..I dug like a 1-2 inch hole with my finger and the soil was still moist. Is it bad if I haven't watered them? I'm not sure why they're still damp if they're in the sun...

Please give me your opinions/advice so I know what to do and I know what to change for next time I plant anything! :)

Thank you all!

applestar
Mod

This appears to be a duplicate. Comments and replies should be posted to this other thread

:arrow: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... 21&t=58232

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”