Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

When should I expect my flowers to blossom?

I am new to gardening this year and I am working on flowers while my other half does the veggies. I am curious if anyone could tell me how close my flowers are to blossoming? I have Snap Dragons, Foxgloves, Agastache, Chamomile, and Cosmos in this photo..

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Snap_Dragons_Foxgloves_Cosmos_Agastache_Chamomile_Small.jpg

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings Lady, I'm guessing those are the flowers you are speaking of. You have plenty of time..you're in the best position to venture a guess as to when they will flower. I'm guessing also they are in the house, so depending on when you plant them outside, the amount of sun and all else, you'll be rewarded in good time, in fact: You should show us pictures when they're planted and their progression toward flowering.

Good luck with your garden this season, you are off to a great start. You know you don't want any animal or human eating the Fox Glove, look them up on google. Have a great day.

Richard

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Thank you for your reply Richard! Have a wonderful weekend! :flower:

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Here is a map of where I will be planting my flowers this year. They are all color coordinated also :D
Attachments
Flower_Garden_Layout_Small.jpg

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

I've taken a few more photos of my flowers since the last time I posted. Thought you may like to see the progress! :D
Attachments
Flower_Garden_Layout_Small_Update2.jpg
Flowers_Herbs_Mid_April_2014.jpg
Foxgloves_Snap_Dragons_Chamomile_Cosmos_Agastache___.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

everything is looking good, but still has a ways to go until it is ready to bloom.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Thanks guys! I did some research and found out when exactly I should expect them all to blossom. Most of them are not to bloom until June/July while others like my Snap Dragons and Foxgloves will be ready in May. It's raining today, good day to stay inside and make some sausage! I will keep you posted on what the flowers look like as they get bigger! I have decided to make my garden in containers this year to avoid pests animal wise and slug/snail wise. We have some bigger containers for them so that will work out perfectly. Look forward to hearing from you folks soon!

Take care and happy gardening!
:flower:

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”