pow wow

Quick look at pow wow's flowers 2013

My front and back yards this year.

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Very cool. I particularly like the picture of the harvest. I wish I had a garden like yours. One day...

flower2b

Pow wow, your flowers are beautiful & well arranged. I like the way you blend the colors of different plants. I am striving to be able to do the same.

pow wow

Thank you both. I'm sure your flower gardens are wonderful as well. In my case, my flower beds look best at a distance. :wink:

pinksand
Greener Thumb

What stunning color and healthy lush plants! What varieties of sedum are pictured? All of my sedum varieties bloom yellow so I would love to get some pink blooming varieties like yours! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden!

pow wow

Thanks pinksand,
I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you what varieties of sedums I have but I have no Idea. My sister gave me a bowl with all those in it, for a birthday present this year. There were no tags for them.

pinksand
Greener Thumb

I'll just have to keep an eye out for some :) I do have the gray/blue variety and am guessing it's Sedum reflexum 'Blue Spruce.' You may have already known that one though.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Beautiful! You have a natural "eye" for color combinations, scale, use of artifacts and overall design. You should go into the landscaping business. How about plant decorating? IDK about your area but I had many landscape clients who also had patios and decks that they wanted decorated seasonally with container plants and artifacts. That was much less labor intensive, had a high profit margin, a guaranteed job at least quarterly, some of the bigger clients wanted changes 6 time per year, and a whole lot of fun. You are a natural! Great job!

pow wow

Thanks ElizabethB,
Actually I do run a little gardening business. I grow all my plants from seed which I sell in the spring. It's a very small business but growing a bit each year. Last spring I sold all my plants and had to actually go to the garden center to buy some plants for myself. I have several customers who have me supply their plants and do up their balconies downtown and a few who have me do their flower beds and pots. I enjoy it greatly.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”