cher68

Hibiscus question

I just bought my first Hibiscus and wondering what color the blooms will be.
The tag says it is Luna but doesn't say a color. On the picture it shows a pic of red, white and pink blooms. Is this a multicolor variety? It has many many buds on it but the flowers aren't opened yet unfortunately.
Also any tips on planting and feeding would be very appreciated! I've always wanted one of the plants. :)

imafan26
Mod

There are a number of cultivars named luna and it comes in red, white and pink swirl. I guess you will know what it looks like when it flowers. It looks like luna is a rose mallow, a type of hibiscus.

All hibiscus like to have a lot of sun up to 14 hours a day. They are suitable for hedge or specimen plants and can be kept in a pot for a little while. Most hibiscus blooms last about a day. It is hardy to zone 5.

Most hibiscus have their peak blooms in summer. After the season is over the plants can be trimmed to keep them bushy and compact.

I give my landscape plants an all purpose slow release fertilizer in the spring, and for me a second feeding in the fall. I have no winter so the plants continues to grow year round.

Once established in the ground it does not need much water. erineum gall mites are a problem and will distort the leaves. The only thing that works for that is systemics either complete rose care or Bayer tree and shrub. Warning these systemics are harmful to bees.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”