applestar
Mod

Let's share flower photos!

Here are a few from my garden.... :D

This is Turk's Cap Lily. I bought 5 of them long time ago for my hummingbird garden -- maybe 2007 or 2008 -- and planted them in different locations around the garden because I wasn't sure which area would be best. They were very small and each year, I forget what they are and almost pull them out. But last year, one of them finally started showing signs of blooming. This year, three of them are blooming. Here's one:

This is Swamp Milkweed. I bought different milkweed species so they would together bloom over a long season. The main clump in the Rain Garden usually blooms after the common milkweed, but this is a new plant that grew from wind-scattered seed in what used to be my Sunny Meadow (now Spiral -tomato- Garden) and in full sun, seems to bloom ahead of the common milkweed which is just starting to bloom:

These are called Indian Pink. I think I bought these for hummingbirds as well. This is also in my Rain Garden:

pow wow

Very nice applestar. I've been thinking of adding the turks cap to my lily patch for some time.

Here's a few things blooming for me right now.

My fox tail lily

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”