hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

2013 Early Daylily Season

The bloom is just getting started, but breathtaking as usual. We have several hundred plants throughout the yard and garden.

Eclectic gardening style, drawing from 45 years of interest and experience. Mostly plant in raised beds and containers primarily using intensive gardening techniques.
Alex

KeyWee

Re: 2013 Early Daylily Season

I adore daylilies and have hundreds, like you. My friend about a mile away (as the crow flies) has a daylily farm and she shares. Sometimes she has fans for a dollar. That's why I have SO many.

Great pictures! I am always drawn to the yellow ones. A few of mine are starting to bloom but many, many buds ~ soon to be a show.

Do you have any of the spider variety (sorry, I can't possibly know all the names)? Wish I knew how to post a picture (why does every site have to be different?).
Attachments
019.JPG
019.JPG (54.02 KiB) Viewed 1046 times

KeyWee

Ah HA ~ figured it out!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Beautiful!! I love all of the lovely colors and shapes available. As a child I thought daylilies were boring. I remember rows of yellow daylilies planted along fence lines. Your plants are beautiful and healthy. In the south day lily rust has become a problem. Once it starts it is very difficult if not impossible to cure short of removing the infected plants. Keep posting pictures of your daylilies.
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

jonasnarvas
Newly Registered

Super! Beautiful. Daylily is the flower number 1!
My garden is full of daylilies :)
My favorite flower is daylily: what to plant with daylilies

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”