Agardener

Front Garden Design

Hi

I have recently had all old & overgrown plants removed from my front gardens. I am prepared to keep it as a very simply and easily maintainable garden while I will keep more plants in my back garden. Basically my idea is to put a membrane there to prevent weeds, and then cover it with gravel / stone / slate .... After that I am prepared to put in a few plants - about 3 to 5 on each side, I think. I wanted to plant some very low maintenance plants e.g. some ornamental grass. However, I have no knowledge about those grass at all. I also have no idea how to design the layout, e.g. try to get rid of the square as I hear from time to time.

My front garden is simply two squares in front of the house and on the two sides of the front door. That means there is a small straight path lead to the door and the two squares are on the two sides. Sizewise - not measured it yet but I think it is about 50 sq feet each side.

Could you help with a) how to design it with gravel / stone etc .... b) what plants I should get ... c) how to place the plants - which one at the front, at the back etc... d) Any other suggestions please :roll:

Agardener

Any one? :(

lillieyflower
Newly Registered

hi, I live in florida so not sure what would grow in your area ! what I did with mine was to go to your garden center and ask for help.. thay sould beable to show you alot of plants , to but in the front and back.....and pick what you like best.......lol . since you are going to be the one that will see it most...good luck... and have fun with it ... :D here are some of mine if you would like to take a look.https://www.flickr.com/photos/10451745@N06/

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”