Paperwhite newbie

problem with Amaryllis leaves

Is this something I should be concerned about? I found it this morning, it looked dry so I watered it, there are also spots on some of the other leaves. Should I just let it go and see what happens? I don't want to have to throw this one away, I was trying to see if I could save it to bloom for Christmas again. Any suggestions? :( Image

Mr_bobo_

Its not big thing... perhaps because of the dry air in the room...
...and do not forget to water it in a cup and not by or about bulb ... :wink:

Paperwhite newbie

I bottom water it, it is easier for me to do it that way so I don't get water around the bulb. Just wanted to find out if I should be worried or not, thanks Mr._bobo_. :)

applestar
Mod

This is not specific to amaryllis, but when in doubt of disease issues, I spray with diluted milk solution or aact solution, neither of hich has any negative side effects.

If this is the only leaf and the brown spots start to get bigger, I might perform "spot-ectomy" with a sharp knife sprayed or wiped with alcohol. -- I would not want that going down into the bulb. Since amaryllis has vertical leaf veins it should be OK, but the leaf may need extra support since the spots are on leaf fold area that provides critical structural support.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”