Paperwhite newbie

paperwhites blooming

Uploaded with ImageShack.usThese just bloomed today, just 20 days after I planted it. Just waiting (impatiently) for the Amaryllis to bloom. It will be fire engine red. You have no idea how long I tried to get this right, I keep forgetting how to do it so I think I probably have to write it down.

Paperwhite newbie

I am glad that the paperwhites are blooming but can't say much for their scent, my hubby likes it I am not too crazy about them. I have them sitting beside the Poinsetta in front of the window, they get indirect sun but not as much as when they were IN the window. I had them on my computer desk but was afraid I would knock them over. I don't think I am going to get any more, I will just stick with my poinsetta and amaryllis which is getting very tall and the second scape is not far behind! Its like they are racing to see who gets to bloom first, so whichever does, be prepared, there will be loads of photos!

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Congratulations! :)

No, they don't have that much of a scent. I had a naturalized bed of them back in Berkeley, and they didn't do much in the "scent department" there, either, but they looked nice.

Can't wait to see the whole arrangement when they're in bloom.

Way to go!

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Paperwhite newbie

Imagemore paperwhites are opening up and I have them beside the poinsetta, makes a interesting picture as you can see in this picture, I have the combination of links and [img] and got the picture right.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”