webmaster
Site Admin

Madison Cox - The Most Important Garden Designer?

[url=https://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324894104578115393668183954.html]Madison Cox - Most Important Garden Designer You've Never Heard Of[/url]

Article in the Wall Street Journal about what they say is the most influential garden designer most people have never heard of.
Madison Cox has kept a low profile while creating a series of stunningly original gardens around the globe. Meet the designer whose plantings are as gracefully in tune with the landscape as the man who put them there.
I had a conversation with Scott Reil a month ago and he was rattling off names from the Garden Nursery industry who develop various kinds of plants, people who are well known by insiders and play a big role in what gardeners grow for years to come.

A quote by Madison Cox:
"Good gardens demand a lot of research and patience. Along the way there will be amendments, detours and, sometimes, reversals. There's no such thing as a beautiful 'instant' garden."
Is Madison Cox among the most influential garden designers? What do you think?

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

All I can say is WOW :!: If I ever win the powerball I would hire him to do my grounds. What a gifted artist.

Thanks for the link. I plan to research some of his projects and if possible visit some of the public gardens.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I checked out the slide show; nice.

lily51
Greener Thumb

Absolutely wonderful!

pinksand
Greener Thumb

That article (and photos) were very inspiring. I like his attitude and methodology from what I read.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”