Sierratoo

Drip Irrigation

This watering from a watering can is getting really tired really quick. I have 8 garbage cans laying about that have collected rainwater and I think I "need" a drip watering system that is gravity-fed. Maybe I could get a marine pump to pump the water on down the hose...

Any suggestions?

Sierra

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

We have a drip line irrigation system throughout all our plants and garden. I am using a 25 PSI regulator connected to each zone and it works great. I am not sure how or if a gravity system could work. My concern would be the amount of pressure caused by gravity feed. Too little pressure, and I believe the lines at the beginning will get water, however the end lines will not. If you were able to get a pump and place a 25 PSI regulator onto it, you could do all you want. Toro makes a kit that can be attached to a household faucet. Perhaps it could work on your pump. Home depot carries most of what you would need to start out. They have the PSI kit, timers, 1/2 hose, 1/4 hose, as well as a starter kit of emitters.

its all up to you on how fancy you want your system to be. You can just get the pump, PSI, and use soaker hose/emitter hose and turn the pump on and off as you want to water.

Hope this helps. :D

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”