lovetobeoutinthegarden
Newly Registered

Bulb Garden

Hello!
I would like to plant a specific bulb garden. I am striving for the rainbow look. I am looking for 4 different bulbs in 4 different colors: red or pink, yellow or orange, greenish white, bluish purple. I'm hoping to find bulbs that would bloom at the same time, at relatively similar heights, and in the same place (well drained soil, full to partial sun, zone 6). Would this be impossible? All I could come up with was: pink Spanish bluebells, sunshine allium, spring green tulip, and common hyacinth in purple.
Thanks!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The easiest thing would be to do it all in tulips: red tulips, orange tulips, yellow tulips, green/white tulips. The hardest would be blue/ purple. Tulips just do not come in blue. The ones that are called purple tulips are mostly some variety of dark pink. There are some purple/white combination tulips where the purple part is quite purple. You might still have to go with the hyacinth for purple.

nesaya
Newly Registered

Fresias also come in very nice colours, there are some lovely purple coloured ones.Plus they have a wonderful fragance And for blue we had anemones in our garden this year, they were beautiful.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”