XmamalouX
Newly Registered

snapdragons

Ok so I looked to this forum about a week or two ago to see why my snapdragon seeds just wont seem to do anything. My gladiolus bulbs are all coming up very nicely, but still no luck with my seeds. I have finally given up and decided to just buy pre-grown snapdragons and see how they do. Unfortunately, we are having a cold spell in New York. It's a lot colder than I anticipated for this time of year. I purchased these, same assorted colors and all, [url]https://www.whitepostfarms.net/snapdragons/[/url] but now I see a few of them not doing so well. What is a girl to do?

I imagine my soil is good since my bulbs are coming up nicely, or am I wrong?

How can I save my snapdragons?

If a few flowers fall off, will they continue to bloom/re-bloom throughout the summer?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Snapdragons are very cold hardy. In a mild winter, they can sometimes survive the winter. So I doubt the cold has too much to do with it, although if they were hothouse raised, they might need to be hardened off gradually to get used to it.

It might just be transplant shock. In that case, they should recover and perk up in a few days. Not a problem if a few flowers drop off, they will keep blooming.

XmamalouX
Newly Registered

Thanks so much for all the help!

Kim Smiley
Newly Registered

In my experience I have had many re seed themselves and come back the next year. when the bloom turns into a brown ball like there are tons of seeds inside waiting to fall to the ground and start over.

mtmickey

They will continue to rebloom if you keep them deadheaded. Near the end of the season, I let mine go to seed and always have plenty growing the next year.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”