06Honda

App Software for Garden Design

I use a Mac and would like to get some feedback on an app that I can use to draw out my inground sprinkler system layout as well as my garden planting plan. Any mac users on this forum. I came across an app called "VectorDesigner", any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I have never come across software for landscape design that was worth anything. You might be better off getting graph paper and lay out your lot and stand outside and visualize what plants you might want to see where after a visit to a garden center and read up on the individual plants. Sitting at a computer screen will not give you any benefit what so ever no matter what an expert might say.

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

"I have never come across software for landscape design that was worth anything."

I have to agree with this statement. I had tried some Windows based software and it was more trouble than it was worth. Either the plants couldn't be adjusted to the right size or the plants I was look for were not in the program.

I use graph paper and have looked in many gardening magazines and books for ideas, then measure, plot on the graph paper and go!

Keeping a graph of what is planted and where to scale has been helpful as we add things to the gardens or try to remember what is coming up where because we use a lot of bulbs. Good luck! :)

06Honda

Great, that sounds like more fun to get out there and just draw it.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”