NeedExperience

Mandevilla unique plant, lots of care

I have a Mandevilla that climbes, and has started to bud. The growth looks good, but I do have concern for the large leaves. The leaves have black spots, and seem to get yellow, or crispy. The plant seems to be hardyjavascript:emoticon(':?'), I just wonder if the spots on the leaves is something to worry about, or maybe the plant wants to shed the old to bring in the new? Any important maintenance I might wanna keep in mind for this tropical plant? javascript:emoticon(':)')Other then overwintering, I know plenty about that from other tropics I have grown.

GFP63
Newly Registered

I am no expert but I have a couple of Mandevillas (Mandevilli?) in front of my house and I let the leaves die or pluck them off. The plants do require a good amount of water (from my experience) and have been doing nicely, save for this recent mystery I just posted:

[url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38243[/url]

NeedExperience

Thanks for the tips, and experiences. this will give me a better idea. Besides the leaves yellowing then falling off, the rest of the plant is thriving. I think it's trying to get ride of the old leaves that were not too healthy when I bought itjavascript:emoticon(':D'). I do wish you the best of luck solving your mandevilla problem.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”