gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Did I plant my Sunflowers too soon?

I planted them probably early Feb. They are already about 5-6 inches I just put them in bigger pots they were in a 72 cell flat and root bound. They are Mammoth Sunflowers. I just wanted to plant something earl so I started a bunch of flowers. No biggie if it is was too soon I have a tone of flowers seeds. I will be broadcasting them this spring it should be pretty cool.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yup!

If you want to plant flowers early, perennials are usually better, because slower growing. I planted some canterbury bells back in Jan and they are still tiny....

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Wrong answer. :lol: :P

Oh well I can just replant no biggie. When is a good time to start sunflowers if I may ask. I also wonder if I should trash these or just see what happens. Of course they may be too big to be in the house when it come time to plant. I have never done sunflowers by seed before. :shock:

applestar
Mod

Check out my last years Sunflower& House thread and the Sunflower House thread from ... 2008? I think I talked about all that, but details escape me at the moment. :oops:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

If you want some free sunflowers in a mixture of colors pm me and I will send you a 100! I have 1000,s of seeds I don't grow the mammoth ones except for a few strays! I will start some this week so I have early ones. I will check your article Apple tonight!
+++ I had over 40 sunflowers on one plant last year! The plant would have produced more but a bad storm trashed it!There is always something new to learn and I have learned alot here already!

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”