rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But the bed with the iris and salvia, is almost all purple now... It's supposed to be purple and yellow, but keeping that going all season is a little challenge... Later there will be black eyed susan, coreopsis, daylily. But I need to find something yellow to bloom in this transition season. I'm looking at a yellow peony flowered tulip. The peony flowered tulips bloom later than the regular ones, so maybe it would hit now. Otherwise, there's a few little dwarf marigolds at the edge, but maybe I could just put some tall marigolds in.

Any other thoughts?

applestar
Mod

Try a yellow flowering False Indigo. My Baptista 'Solar Flare' is just starting to bloom so it's in the lemon yellow phase. It's a nitrogen fixer too. :wink:

I have a similar color combo going with 'Solar Flare' and a Blue False Indigo, along with two kinds of Amsonia, to be followed by 3 kinds of lavender and Lyre-leaf sage and Opuntia cactus. After that, the color scheme falls apart with Asclepias tuberosa and a magenta/pink flowering yarrow (it was supposed to be red).

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Here's the same dwarf azalea with more of the buds open:

[img]https://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/rainbowgardener/4024%20Paddock%20garden/azalea5-15.jpg[/img]

Last year these azaleas barely bloomed, this year they are so covered, you can't see the shrub...
Last edited by rainbowgardener on Sun May 16, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Hey, can anyone else smell the pictures?

I can actually smell the photos... newest thing in computers... webcam, and microphone move over, we have smells! ha ha

Really, look at the flowers and wait a minute, you can smell them!

I am not sleepy, I am not intoxicated! They just are so well photographed.

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Did you know you can eat the tubers of JERUSALUM ARTICHOKES, like potatoes. Apparently they are very good for people with diabeties. Plus you can sell them, they are hard to find. At least here in Alberta, Canada, because all the fancy resturants buy the tubers from the growers.---I just finished having an order of the tubers shipped to me ( well about a month ago). Not cheap either! You should try selling or giving them away. :idea:

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Your garden is incredibly beautiful by the way. Lots of love there! :)

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”