shotgun

wholesale nurseries?

I live in the eastern panhandle of w.v. I'm looking for wholesale nurseries in my area. I would like a wide variety not just the same old same old plants. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your suggestions!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I'm not familiar with your area, so all I can suggest is that you check the phone books for your area. You might also want to do some research online to discover nurseries/growers in your area.

For unique varieties of plants, I find that I have better success contacting growers. For instance, if I'm in the market for new types of rhododendrons or azaleas, I'll visit Greer Gardens, which specializes in those species. I know there's a place up north of me that grows only iris, tons of different kinds; and I think there's another place up in that area that grows only tulips and daffodils. There is an herb grower about 25 miles south of me, or there used to be, anyway. I haven't visited their place in quite a few years.

Sometimes, wholesalers/growers won't do business with the general public, preferring only to deal in large quantities of whatever types of plants they produce. Unless you're operating a garden center and want several hundred plants, you might want to call the places you find, before you make a long drive. Growers are usually located in agricultural areas, not in towns.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”