Oborozukiyo
Newly Registered

Finding a Location for a Jasmine. Help Please~!

I'm trying to add a "Scented" Bed as a surprise in my mom's garden. I'm having trouble, though, because I'm trying to work it around the placement of a jasmine plant. I'm hoping to put the Scented bed on the side of the house (where the property area is really small - sadly) because that location gets the best sun for plants like the jasmine and the climbing rose I'm going to be putting nearby.

My problem is that I cannot find any information of spacing of the plants - with regard to how close is too close when planting one next to the side of a house. Does it have to be eight feet away like it would from another jasmine, or will pruning keep it from having a problem with being close to the house? The property line doesn't extend that far from the house, so I really need to figure this out, so I can go ahead with the surprise. Please help if you can~!

I've already found out that they work well in my zone (though I'm constantly forgetting the number), like sun, and handle different types of soil very well.

Thank you!

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Probably Zone 6. Jasmine normally don't get that large so 3'-4' would be ample if you spring prune, which you will need for the rose. just make certain you plant outside the roof dripline or it will not get moisture. Amend the soil with compost or manure and add a handful of bonemeal to each plant and tamp down the backfill with the end of your shovel.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”