ashysc
Newly Registered

This post has been removed by the user.

This post has been removed by the user.
Last edited by ashysc on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

The larger trumpet-shaped pink and lavender flowers are petunias. I think the red ones are, too, but I couldn't see them very well. The small blue flowers are forget-me-nots.

I'm not sure what the darker purple flowers are. If you could post another picture, one of just those larger darker purple flowers, I could try again.

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

kisal is spot on - the trumpet flowers are petunias.

The darker purple flowers in pic #2 & 5 are verbena - one of my favs.

Both do well in full to partial sun. :wink:

plkelly

I second (or third) those opinions! Plus the dark deeply lobed vine in the third picture is a 'Blackie' sweet potato vine.

Love them all.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

The vendors at farmers' markets have expertise in the wares they offer, even if you're not interested in purchasing their things that particular day.

Were these baskets hanging near a particular vendor? If so, that's the best place to ask. Not only will they identify the flower(s) for you, they'll probably talk your ear off about how easy/difficult they are to grow, what kind of soil they like, what plants grow well with them, and far into the night... :lol:

If the baskets were just generally hanging "around" the market, ask for the booth/stall of the market coordinator. Someone is always in charge of vendor questions, foot traffic, general information, etc. That coordinator will either know personally how to identify all the flowers OR will know who can.

Best wishes.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

ashysc
Newly Registered

Thank you everyone! Sorry I haven't logged on in the past couple days.

I had two pots made on Sunday with some of the flowers you guys identified =)

And for Cynthia -- Thank you, I ended up taking advantage of a helper in the greenhouse and she did everything from help me find the flowers to throwing them in a pot together for me! (I just hadn't asked when I took the pictures because I was out with my mother-in-law and wasn't really looking for myself at the time.)

Here are the pictures of my two pots and one of my hanging baskets for all your help!
1. [url]https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/dukealoops/DSC_0010-1.jpg?t=1242696032[/url]
2. [url]https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/dukealoops/DSC_0006_small.jpg?t=1242696076[/url]
3. [url]https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/dukealoops/DSC_0013_small.jpg?t=1242696094[/url]

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Very pretty! :)

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”