Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

ID this plant?

Blue fowered plant.jpg
I think someone gave us this plant last year. This is the first time it's flowered. Who can please tell me what it is?
I think the world is full of incredible abuses of power at the moment and terrifying injustices, but there seems to be so much slack energy going into what I think is much smaller stuff. Andrew O'Hagen

applestar
Mod

Re: ID this plant?

Is it New England Aster?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Asters are beautiful it has been 25 years since I planted them. Aster is all I know I use to buy seeds at Farmers Co-op. That is the only color I ever saw.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Applestar's suggestion - the Aster 'New England' - may be right though there are other blue ones. I see that Asters have many varieties with different shapes, sizes & colors. I've never grown them and for some reason I've always pictured them as having a long stem with a big red flower! :?
I think the world is full of incredible abuses of power at the moment and terrifying injustices, but there seems to be so much slack energy going into what I think is much smaller stuff. Andrew O'Hagen

told2b

Aster oblongifolius 'October Skies'??

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”