Nyan

Nyan's 2021 garden

Well, it has begun... Actually a few weeks ago, but I got a little lazy...

Moved some strawberries to a new bed, as I tore the old one up for the greenhouse the little lady just purchased.
new strawberry bed 3-21-21.JPG

Some are blooming already!
Strawberry plant 3-21-21.JPG
Got some cabbage going, and some invisible potatoes under there too...
cabbage 3-21-21.JPG
And I was able to put together some new beds with the blocks from the front bed (it was two blocks high and about 18 ft long) and a few blocks that I picked up along the road. Very inexpensive bed building.
new beds old dogs 3-21-21.JPG

A couple of the "puppies" decided to get in the way all they could... The black and white one is 13 yr. old and the brown one will be 15 next month. They are in a lot better shape than I would be at that age in "dog years".
The brown one caught 10 rabbits the year before last, so she is my garden buddy. Fast old woman... LOL!

Oh, and the violets are blooming too. They are very persistent in the shady area of the garden...
violets 3-21-21.JPG
I didn't take any snaps, but the new beds are all full this evening. I planted about 20 tomato plants, about 16 peppers and a small bed of carrots. The garlic is between 10 and 15 inches tall, and we have some small onions up.
I also pulled the cardboard on a 7ft X 36ft bed, scuffed the soil to apply 12-12-12 and lime, and re-applied the cardboard for later stuff. Odd sized bed, but I was retiring the oldest row of blackberries I planted about 15 years ago. They were getting pretty ratty looking, and had too many seedling plants coming up in there...

Hmm... I see all the pictures are sideways... I'm so tired I think I'll just rest my face on my hand and tilt my head...

Nyan

Been busy, but a couple of quick pics of the strawberries I transplanted this year...

They seem to be happy...
Strawberry 4-10 turned.jpg
Strawberry2 4-10 turned.jpg
Got some corn in the ground, and the tomatoes and peppers are recovering from our bad weather.

Looks like the peach trees have survived the frosts and set fruit. Rain tomorrow so we will see if that gets everything jumping...

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”