JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Fire roasted goodness

So the house is currently under construction...well, destruction actually...due to a water heater leak and the resulting damage. I've been doing almost all of the cooking outside. This past weekend, I made a big pot of "sketti" sauce. So neat when every bit of the produce comes from the garden. These are various and assorted tomatoes and "King Arthur" bell peppers. Also used my own home grown yellow onion, basil, and flat leaf parsley in the final sauce.

applestar
Mod

Ooooh looks so yummy! Worth the house destruction, maybe? :>

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

applestar wrote:Ooooh looks so yummy! Worth the house destruction, maybe? :>
ehh...it's been pretty unpleasant and expensive...lol.

KitchenGardener
Location: Northern California; Hardiness Zone 10a, Climate zone: 17

I totally get the "it all came from the garden" thing. Sometimes, I concoct salads solely with what I've got currently growing and stretch a little to make it all home grown. But there is nothing like tomato sauce, gazpacho, or ratatouille for making me feel good about what I grow :mrgreen:

Congrats, that looks pretty damn awesome!

KitchenGardener
Location: Northern California; Hardiness Zone 10a, Climate zone: 17

As an afterthought: Every once in a while, I get a hankering for roasted chicken and root vegetables. I admittedly do not grow the protein part, but have a bunch of home grown baby beets, carrots, potatoes and onions that will be just perfect to roast along with my chicken.

Maybe make some ratatouille to go along with... Hey, where's the licking its lips emoji when you need it?!!

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”