Farleybank
Newly Registered

Japanese maple

Help please can anyone explain what has happened to my gorgeous maple this year it seems to have died in the middle but has leaves on the outside

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the Forum !

I doubt people will be able to help much with so little information .

A picture is worth a thousand words . Post a couple pictures -- a close up of the problem and a picture of the tree as a whole .

For some reason you posted this under vegetable gardening . You might want to start over and put your post in the right section , either bonsai if that's what you are talking about or trees and shrubs . I don't mean to be picky. It makes a difference , because some people that are really interested and knowledgeable about a subject like bonsai only follow that section and don't read what is in say vegetable gardens .

So give us a couple pix and the best information you can. The better info you can provide , the better we can help . Start with where you are located and what conditions the tree is in -- potted (we don't yet even know if this is a bonsai or a full size tree) in the ground , how much sun, how have you been caring for it. Then some history of the problem , when did it start, how fast has it been progressing , any thing else that changed when the problem started , etc.

I think if you are willing to put a little extra time into giving good information , you are likely to get good advice here.

Best Wishes !

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”