UrbanFarmerJon

Garden 2016 Version.

It's been a busy spring that has been slowed with the unpredictable weather this year..all 4 seasons in one day on more than one occasion and this week with hard frost at night. I decided to expand within my garden beds from last year to better utilize the space I had. We had s Tulip tree fall down, which will give me a spot to use for my Tomatoes!! Decided to raise the beds a little higher this year, but will still dig down about a foot into the clay to help amend it. This will be my biggest year of growing different vegetables as the following is my list of fun:

Walla Walla Onions
Golden Grande Onions
Red Lasoda Potatoes
Brocolli
Brussel Sprouts
Earlianna Cabbage
Iceburg Head Lettuce
Simpson Elite Lettuce
Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce
Bloomsdale Spinach
Cherry Belle Radishes
Danver 1/2"Long Carrots
Short N Sweet Carrots
Jupiter Beets
Sugar Snap Peas
KY Wonder Pole Beans
Bush Beans- Green and Wax
Pickling Cucumbers
Salad Slicer Cucumbers
Snack Attack Cherry Tomatoes
Big Boy Hybrid Tomatoes
Better Boy Hybrid Tomatoes
Fordham Summer Squash
Carnival Blend Sweet Peppers.

Debating on doing some corn in another spot or maybe some type of melon...

Will post some pics of the progress as well as my new grow light for the seedlings as soon as I can get my phone to upload the pics!!

imafan26
Mod

Sounds like a great list. I cannot grow northern onions or cold tolerent plants like iceberg lettuce, but I could grow most of the other things on your list if I had the space.

UrbanFarmerJon

Was finally able to get some pictures transferred from my phone. Here is a shot of the revamped layout for this year. Will be building my trellis this weekend and getting some more dirt/compost/leaf litter mixed in too. Have my seedlings out hardening off this week, hopefully they will be in the ground next weekend. Will be planting first seeds later today as well!
Expanded layout
Expanded layout
Seedlings
Seedlings
My New Tomato Patch!
My New Tomato Patch!
Loving this time of year!!

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”