jdelmar
Newly Registered

My Garden and I need your HELP!

IMAG0078.jpg
IMAG0076.jpg
Hi I need your help any advice is welcome. This is my second year gardening and I started all my plants indoors this year from heirloom seeds. Everything has been organic and I finished planting out the transplants this last week. This morning when I went to check on them I found many of my peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplants were discolored. Anything from a light faded grey to yellow. Please look at my pics and tell me what I need to do. Thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments
IMAG0080.jpg
IMAG0079.jpg

imafan26
Mod

It is best to harden seedlings out slowly so they get used to the sun before you transplant them out to the garden. The white leaf looks like a bit of sunburn. It is best to transplant on a cloudy day after the plants have been gradually accustomed to the new space. Once fully hardened off, I like to keep my plant in the pot for a week or two in the spot I want to plant them in to really get used to things. If they don't like it, I still have an opportunity to make some adjustments and find a better place for them.

The spots on the other plant was a bit out of focus but may be the start of a fungal problem. I would remove and destroy the leaf and use some anti fungal treatment. Depending on where you live and how hot it is, you may be limited. Read the labels on the fungicide well, some of them can burn plants if it is over 80 degrees. You could try milk spray.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yes, at least the first and third pictures are clearly sunscald, from leaves that aren't used to so much direct sun. That is not serious. Those leaves will never recover, but the new ones that emerge will be adapted to the sun and will do fine. As imafan said, the prevention to that would be better hardening off, more gradual exposure to the sun.

I can't really tell too much wrong with the others, perhaps just a bit of transplant shock.

jdelmar
Newly Registered

Thank you guys so much for the help! From now on I will take the hardening off process much more seriously :)

Igotworms
Cool Member

Yeah the hardening off process is important. I nearly lost my banana plant and a honeyberry bush because I got impatient. I'm sure your plants will recover.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”