Flowers

My Garden Diary -by Flowers :)

Okay, here's where I'm at so far this year. I'm hoping that some day I can look back on these photos and see how much better I've gotten at taking care of my poor plants!

Advice, comments, and questions are appreciated!

Gosh I need to get some plants in the ground outside, I'm a little behind.
Attachments
I'd say my air plants are looking pretty good.
I'd say my air plants are looking pretty good.
Alright! At least I can take care of some bamboo.
Alright! At least I can take care of some bamboo.
I don't even know what happened to this poor orchid.
I don't even know what happened to this poor orchid.
A couple orchids after the spike has been cut. I don't know why the left one won't stay up. It just flops over.
A couple orchids after the spike has been cut. I don't know why the left one won't stay up. It just flops over.
Hey! This orchid doesn't look too terrible.
Hey! This orchid doesn't look too terrible.
Sad mint :( Darn aphids.
Sad mint :( Darn aphids.
More seedlings. Golden Jubilee tomatoes on the left, and sweet basil on the right.
More seedlings. Golden Jubilee tomatoes on the left, and sweet basil on the right.
Yay seedlings! On the left are bell peppers, and on the right are some cherry tomatoes. These are growing indoors under a little grow light.
Yay seedlings! On the left are bell peppers, and on the right are some cherry tomatoes. These are growing indoors under a little grow light.

Flowers

The last post wouldn't let me attach any more photos, so here's the rest!
Attachments
My bonsai! It's been neglected for a long time, and dropped it's leaves, but it's starting to look a little better. I ordered some bonsai soil online for repotting.
My bonsai! It's been neglected for a long time, and dropped it's leaves, but it's starting to look a little better. I ordered some bonsai soil online for repotting.
Lemon Thyme needs some TLC
Lemon Thyme needs some TLC
Oregano is doing okay
Oregano is doing okay
A happy little venus fly trap also enjoying the grow light.
A happy little venus fly trap also enjoying the grow light.
Miniature Parade Roses. Powdery Mildew go away!
Miniature Parade Roses. Powdery Mildew go away!
Some days are better than others for my chamomile.
Some days are better than others for my chamomile.

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

I love the orchids and the venus fly trap reminds me of the one I had in high school. :D I really liked that plant. It was about that size when I left for basic training and my mom over watered it while I was gone. :eek: It didn't make it.

Flowers

I do really love my Venus fly trap. I bought it at king soopers for pretty cheap. I'm hoping to get it to grow bigger traps, though.

Flowers

Time for an update! Last one before the real gardening season kicks in, next week is our average last frost date :) Here are some garden plant pics.
Attachments
Ahhh remember the Kleopatra Cherry Tomatoes? They're looking great now :) I'll begin hardening them off for transplant next week.
Ahhh remember the Kleopatra Cherry Tomatoes? They're looking great now :) I'll begin hardening them off for transplant next week.
Wow look at these cucumbers!!! I wonder when I should thin them?
Wow look at these cucumbers!!! I wonder when I should thin them?
You probably can't see them, but there are two tiny little cilantro sprouts in this pot under the grow light!
You probably can't see them, but there are two tiny little cilantro sprouts in this pot under the grow light!
Golden Jubilee Tomatoes, they aren't looking great :/ I think I damaged the leaves, oops.
Golden Jubilee Tomatoes, they aren't looking great :/ I think I damaged the leaves, oops.
German Chamomile, looking healthier I think, being hardened off for transplanting into the garden!
German Chamomile, looking healthier I think, being hardened off for transplanting into the garden!
Finally the garden is ready! I started peas, carrots, and spinach seeds outside yesterday. It's only about 6' x 4', but I have big plans for it :) Check out that homemade trellis!
Finally the garden is ready! I started peas, carrots, and spinach seeds outside yesterday. It's only about 6' x 4', but I have big plans for it :) Check out that homemade trellis!

Flowers

And now for the container plants!
Attachments
Bell pepper seedlings! A couple of them don't look great, but I see some true leaves coming in anyways :)
Bell pepper seedlings! A couple of them don't look great, but I see some true leaves coming in anyways :)
I added this lovely dwarf spruce to the collection. I plan on converting it to a bonsai tree soon. It stays outside.
I added this lovely dwarf spruce to the collection. I plan on converting it to a bonsai tree soon. It stays outside.
Here's the roses. I've been spraying it with potassium bicarbonate diluted in water and the PM problem is pretty much gone! I also fertilized with compost and bone meal, and look at all that gorgeous new growth :) This one is also being hardened off.
Here's the roses. I've been spraying it with potassium bicarbonate diluted in water and the PM problem is pretty much gone! I also fertilized with compost and bone meal, and look at all that gorgeous new growth :) This one is also being hardened off.
Oregano seems to have benefited from the haircut. I also am trying to layer it a bit, hopefully that will improve the health. It is also being hardened off for a summer outdoors.
Oregano seems to have benefited from the haircut. I also am trying to layer it a bit, hopefully that will improve the health. It is also being hardened off for a summer outdoors.
The mint seemed to benefit nicely from the haircut, but it didn't fool the aphids one bit. It's being hardened off so I can sick some ladybugs on them.
The mint seemed to benefit nicely from the haircut, but it didn't fool the aphids one bit. It's being hardened off so I can sick some ladybugs on them.
I gave all my herbs a haircut in hopes that it would improve them a little bit, no such luck with this lemon thyme :( This one is also being hardened off for a summer in the sun.
I gave all my herbs a haircut in hopes that it would improve them a little bit, no such luck with this lemon thyme :( This one is also being hardened off for a summer in the sun.
I repotted my bonsai, and the silly tree dropped all its leaves again, here we go again! -sigh- Anyways, this one is being hardened off to spend summer out in the sunshine.
I repotted my bonsai, and the silly tree dropped all its leaves again, here we go again! -sigh- Anyways, this one is being hardened off to spend summer out in the sunshine.
The basil is really starting to look (and smell!) like basil.
The basil is really starting to look (and smell!) like basil.

Flowers

And here are the houseplants.
Attachments
This orchid is starting to grow new roots! (sorry about the weird angle, I have no good explanation for that.)
This orchid is starting to grow new roots! (sorry about the weird angle, I have no good explanation for that.)
My grandpa knocked this one over onto the ground, and it's not very happy about it. But it's sending up new traps, so I'll take that as a good sign.
My grandpa knocked this one over onto the ground, and it's not very happy about it. But it's sending up new traps, so I'll take that as a good sign.
This one's looking pretty good too. I've begun fertilizing it as well, hoping for a bloom.
This one's looking pretty good too. I've begun fertilizing it as well, hoping for a bloom.
This orchid is not looking good.
This orchid is not looking good.
I added this lovely fly trap to the collection. I got it at Sprouts, and look how healthy and red the traps are! I'm trying the bottom watering method with this one.
I added this lovely fly trap to the collection. I got it at Sprouts, and look how healthy and red the traps are! I'm trying the bottom watering method with this one.
There are a couple broken leaves on here, but I started fertilizing it, so hopefully we can turn it around and maybe even get  a bloom! :)
There are a couple broken leaves on here, but I started fertilizing it, so hopefully we can turn it around and maybe even get a bloom! :)
Nothing new here. Water, grow, repeat. (I love these lucky bamboo things)
Nothing new here. Water, grow, repeat. (I love these lucky bamboo things)
Not much change here, still looking good.
Not much change here, still looking good.

Flowers

Grrr, the last post had too many photos, so here's the last pic for this update.
Attachments
I really have no idea what I did to this poor orchid.
I really have no idea what I did to this poor orchid.

Flowers

Update Time! Here are the houseplants this week, except for the purple orchid, which had to go to the compost bin. :(
Attachments
Growing new roots here! This one is looking really good!
Growing new roots here! This one is looking really good!
This one needs repotted.
This one needs repotted.
This fly trap is looking good,but I think the newest trap got damaged.
This fly trap is looking good,but I think the newest trap got damaged.
I think this orchid is ready for the spike to be cut.
I think this orchid is ready for the spike to be cut.
This venus fly trap is getting some lovely red traps!
This venus fly trap is getting some lovely red traps!
The larger airplant, looking good.
The larger airplant, looking good.
More bamboo!
More bamboo!
Here's the bamboo, nothing new.
Here's the bamboo, nothing new.

Flowers

Here's the container garden, but we lost the lemon thyme, mint, and oregano this week. They were purchased as sick established plants from a poor source, and I gave up trying to nurse them into healthy plants. I might try to start some herbs from seed or buy healthy established plants to make up for it.
Attachments
The basil is just looking awesome. I am so excited for some basil mint tea! However, I noticed the lower leaves are not as potent as the newer ones, this is something I'll need to remember.
The basil is just looking awesome. I am so excited for some basil mint tea! However, I noticed the lower leaves are not as potent as the newer ones, this is something I'll need to remember.
The cotyledons seem to be turning yellow on all of my seedlings and even fell off of one  of my peppers. I wonder if this is normal? I hope they're okay, I'll have to look for advice.
The cotyledons seem to be turning yellow on all of my seedlings and even fell off of one of my peppers. I wonder if this is normal? I hope they're okay, I'll have to look for advice.
This one is getting overgrown, I really need to get some bonsai pots. Anyone know a good supplier?
This one is getting overgrown, I really need to get some bonsai pots. Anyone know a good supplier?
The roses have so much new growth! I had to cut most of it off though because it's been raining a lot here and the leaves developed a new disease in the humidity. I wish roses weren't so difficult to care for :(
The roses have so much new growth! I had to cut most of it off though because it's been raining a lot here and the leaves developed a new disease in the humidity. I wish roses weren't so difficult to care for :(
I think the bonsai is beginning to grow some air roots, but I'm not sure. Hopefully it's starting to get better!
I think the bonsai is beginning to grow some air roots, but I'm not sure. Hopefully it's starting to get better!

Flowers

And last but not least, the garden plants. It's been raining almost every day these two weeks!
Attachments
Golden Jubilee tomatoes, looking pretty bad, and not much growth.
Golden Jubilee tomatoes, looking pretty bad, and not much growth.
My pea sprouts are looking amazing, they must also be enjoying the moisture.
My pea sprouts are looking amazing, they must also be enjoying the moisture.
Cucumbers looking amazing!!!
Cucumbers looking amazing!!!
Cilantro being hardened off. I might just repot this and keep it in a container.
Cilantro being hardened off. I might just repot this and keep it in a container.
Cherry tomatoes, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even have tomatoes this year, but I haven't given up yet.
Cherry tomatoes, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even have tomatoes this year, but I haven't given up yet.
The chamomile was transplanted out into the garden, and it's really looking great! I think it's loving all the rain we've been having.
The chamomile was transplanted out into the garden, and it's really looking great! I think it's loving all the rain we've been having.
You may not be able to see it, but there's a tiny carrot sprout here, one of thirteen! (although I planted 70!)
You may not be able to see it, but there's a tiny carrot sprout here, one of thirteen! (although I planted 70!)

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”