erins327

Tomatoes are in the ground!

tomatos in ground march 2015.jpg
And they are in!

A assorted variety of Sungold, Yellow Pear, Yellow Chocolate, Black Krim and Purple Cherokee.

Don't worry about the shade- this picture was taken during the 1-2 hours of shade this garden might get from a tree about 30' away in the middle of the day.....later in the Spring the sun will shift a little more so this wont happen.

Mr green
Green Thumb

Thats lovely! Sungold are tasty. Have you grown the black krim before? If so let me know what you think about it. I have some seedlings going of that variety from seeds obtained from a swedish forum.

erins327

I have not grown Black Krim before Mr Green. However, I have read that they are one of the most productive tomato plants out there, developing approximately 300 tomatoes per plant!

Yes, Sungold is a favorite. Only 2 of my 12 are Sungold, and in hindsight I'm kinda of disappointed I didnt start more, because they are so addicting. However I'm trying to get away from having so many cherries and pear tomatoes, and getting more familiar with the bigger ones. We will see how this summer goes!!!

Mr green
Green Thumb

Thats sounds promising, I also read that they are supposed to do well in colder climates so we will see if thats true.
I'm kinda going the same road as you, away from the smaller ones and to grow more of them old big heirloom tomatoes. Actually don't have any sungolds this year, but a few gardeners delight.

Will be fun to watch the development of your plants. Happy gardening! :)

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”