cdog222
Cool Member

Garden at night

There was a break in the rain last night, so I went out to the garden to poke around a bit. It seems like there is always something interesting going on at night! I always keep my phone handy to take advantage of any photo ops as well as to document progress. Everything had perked up quite a bit - you could tell every type of plant enjoyed the cooler temps and long soaking rain. Here are a few interesting pics :
Attachments
Garlic chives beginning to bloom.  Can't wait to see what little flying critters the flowers attract!
Garlic chives beginning to bloom. Can't wait to see what little flying critters the flowers attract!
IMG_2491.JPG (35.77 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Ripening seeds on asparagus ferns.  This is the 3rd season for my asparagus plants.  I might try to use some of the seed to fill in the gaps from a few plants that didn't make it
Ripening seeds on asparagus ferns. This is the 3rd season for my asparagus plants. I might try to use some of the seed to fill in the gaps from a few plants that didn't make it
This was the first thing I came across - a cicada drying out while hanging from it's shell.  Photography at night with an iPhone is a little tricky, but I was finally able to get a decent shot
This was the first thing I came across - a cicada drying out while hanging from it's shell. Photography at night with an iPhone is a little tricky, but I was finally able to get a decent shot

imafan26
Mod

Did you do some slug and snail hunting while you were out there? Awesome pictures from an iphone.

grwrn

Love the Cicada pic.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”