ElizabethBarry

Any ideas or suggestions

this site has been very valuable to learn lots about seedling and planting. Through many suggestions I have come along nicely Many things are growing at different speeds however. Tomorrow I have to start potatoes and sweet potato towers they are growing quickly. Strawberrys planted first flowers I cut them all off to focus on developing solid roots Corn planting staggered every two weeks three times do I'm done planting all the corn. I'm in zone five and other then lots if wind it's been on only thorn on my side. any ideas suggestions are always welcome !

ElizabethBarry

I just learned everything regarding signature line so disregard previous comment on that. Thanks for adding link there great idea

VeggieGardenGal

I learned that some places will not ship sweet potato slips to California. I thought they didn't send to Colorado too but I could be wrong. So I tried growing my own slips using a sweet potato I bought at a grocery store. That did not work well. I was told that growers somehow cure the sweet potato in something so they don't sprout vines and have a longer self life in the grocery store.

I bought 2 more potatoes but soaked them in water and cleaned them well. My second try did better and I was able to grow my own slips. Cut vines and plant direct in ground. That easy !

I did get a nice harvest. They were very easy to grow once established.

Good luck

applestar
Mod

The questions in your OP are too broad and about different topics. I can't even think of a better title to cover them all. Please post them individually in appropriate forums. I believe other members will find it easier to comment then.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”