lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Princess Feather Update

Each year I have volunteer Princess Feather flowers in my garden. They came from seed my son and family gave me one year--supposedly these are some flowers grown at time of Thomas Jefferson (son and family lived in Charlottesville at the time). Well, I normally let them grow where they start. This year they are part of the okra row

applestar
Mod

It will look like a flower garden when the okra starts to bloom their hibiscus like flowers.

grwrn

Pretty. I have never heard of or seen it before.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

This will give you a better idea how it fits into the okra row

JC's Garden

Love it. :D Flowers make your garden happy. They also bring in the good bugs. There is always room for flowers in my garden.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

JC's Garden wrote:Love it. :D Flowers make your garden happy. They also bring in the good bugs. There is always room for flowers in my garden.
Thanks. I needed that post. Today, I looked carefully at those two Princess Feather plants. They are huge and healthy. My thought was "they are taking up a lot of room, and nutrients". But, in the end, I go back to my plan from year to year. Sort of like they have a spot in the garden and they get to choose.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”