beekeeper1
Newly Registered

My Cucurbit Leaves Worry Me

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could diagnose the problem with my zucchini (photo attached) leaves. I know powdery mildew is a common problem with cucurbits, but this seems more like sun bleached/burnt out leaves.

Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance!

-Nick
Attachments
IMG_0699.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

looks like sun bleach to me too. Were these trasnplants that were just set out?

beekeeper1
Newly Registered

They were planted from the greenhouse around 3 weeks ago.
Thanks!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

yeah, they probably just weren't hardened off well enough. The leaves that were burned will not recover, but as you can already see in the photo, the new leaves that emerge, will be adapted and will be fine.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Can't tell if it's sun or the unknown munchers. I get something IN the leaves of some of the baby plants. Not leaf miners as there's no squiggle. I was checking some okra starts. The 1st leaves a mess, look like yours, and the true leaves showing up green. There were some white dots (eggs perhaps) on backs of leaves that I wiped off. As the true leaves get bigger, pinching off the damaged.
For most of the leaves of other plants, haven't pinned down the culprit, and no external signs on leaves. Grrrrr!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

DITTO RBG - pinch off the damaged leaves. Carefully inspect the back side of the new leaves and te leaf joints looking for signs of insects.

Good luck

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”