Northernfox
Greener Thumb

My Raised Bed Construction on a Slope :)

[youtudotbe]https://youtu.be/X5xZgiibypc[/youtudotbe]

Building raised beds can be simple if your are on flat land. What happens if you have a slope where you need to put the beds? Here is the solution. There are some challenges but with some time and ingenuity you can build some great raised beds.

This how-to video shows how you deal with the challenges of building on a slope. This project was completely free as the lumber and screws were reclaimed from other projects. Slopes can be a great advantage in gardening. If your slope is south facing that can make growing conditions similar to one gardening zone to the south!

I will be using these raised beds for the Home Garden field trial testing the effectiveness of Rock Dust and Biochar on vegetables.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Impressive. My only comment is that I would not have built the boxes against the fence. Need "walk around" room.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

I can walk on the bed ;) that said ya I know it is restricted but I don't have much of a choice. I wanted to do the trials but needed space. I can manage for the small area this is ;)

Cola82
Green Thumb

Good work! If I weren't a renter, I'd try this on our sloping back yard. Alas!

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

Cola these beds are meant to be fairly easy to take apart and move that said its a lot more work then containers! :)

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Plant climbers against the fence even climbing beans! good job! They will also make good cold frames in the early spring!

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

Bob that is what I was thinking later on. I am doing some product trials in those beds and to be consistent with the other participants ill be planting tomato, pepper, carrots, beets and kale.

I have plenty of trellis space I am building this year :)

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”