Voices30
Cool Member

Greetings from North Central Florida

I'm too embarrassed to take photos yet, but we have been getting some much appreciated rain here in North Central Florida. My rows are all starting to pop and I'm going to be fighting the deer soon enough. I am very excited, I hope it keeps raining! I will water them but I like the free water better!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings Robert, Welcome! Don't be embarrassed, we are all in or have been at that same point. Show us where you are than show us where you've gone. Let the growing began! Have a good one.

Richard

Voices30
Cool Member

valley wrote:Greetings Robert, Welcome! Don't be embarrassed, we are all in or have been at that same point. Show us where you are than show us where you've gone. Let the growing began! Have a good one.

Richard
I manage a citrus grove here in North Central Florida, but this project is just a little "home" project because I have been dying to grow some vegetables now for several years, but I have never "gotten around" to it. Well I went a little crazy and I have a bunch of watermelon hills with plans to take the melon to market at the end of the summer. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow and suck it up!!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Hi, Sounds great! We grew watermelons last year for the first time, it was exciting once they started they seem to grow so fast. Do show us a picture or pictures. Have a nice day.

Richard

Voices30
Cool Member

valley wrote:Hi, Sounds great! We grew watermelons last year for the first time, it was exciting once they started they seem to grow so fast. Do show us a picture or pictures. Have a nice day.

Richard
Starting to run now! This is the calm before the STORM!

if you look VERY closely where my index finger is, that's the beginning of a watermelon.

LOL I know it's not very impressive at the moment, but I'm excited anyway! I love melon!

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”