3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

Garden Early vs Late

Here are pictures from my garden early in the season around early June to about 3 months later in September.

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Amazing how different it can be. I wish I could throw a pic of my now naked garden up to for even more reference. So sad looking now bare and with out visible life.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You don't do fall planting, gixx? Where's all your garlic sprouts, spinach and broccoli getting ready to overwinter, etc? My garden is definitely looking more bare than in the lush summer growth, and more bare than some times at this time of year, since I didn't manage the fall planting very well this time, but not empty.

And everything not planted is well mulched.

But yes, 3 pound, nice photos and beautiful summer garden!! :) :)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:You don't do fall planting, gixx? Where's all your garlic sprouts, spinach and broccoli getting ready to overwinter, etc?
Ha ha yes garlic is in and my lettuce, spinach is going strong in my south facing cleaned out flower bed. LOL Broccoli etc. doesn't work here too many worms like them more than I do it seems. Oh yeah lets not forget the Chard 3rd generation growing in my back flower bed. :mrgreen:

btrowe1

3 pound, The flowers to the far left canna's and what is the other? My wife had me plant a few canna's ( I call them Canta's , because 1 year they didn't grow ) in the garden this year,

They grew great..Really, wife was VERY happy,

Going to be doing it again, possibly in between some of the other smaller plants.

Can this be done? anyone else ever add flowers to the garden? if so how and what types of flowers?? does it help with the growing of the veggies??

thanks.

Canta's, my wife liked the picture, told me "see flowers Can be grown in with my veggies".. guess I can give up a little space .

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

Those are all Cannas to the left, just different colors. The orange flowered ones have red leaves. I have grown other flowers in my garden such as rows of large marigolds and there are shorter ornamental sunflowers too.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”