Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Ordered my tomato seeds from Territorial Seed co.

here is what I ordered

1. Japanese Trifele Black-- 80 days looks like a roma but more meaty but lots of colors potato leaf
2. Gold medal 2 pounds 75 days blush of red
3. Indigo Rose 2 inch round 80 days blue deep red and green!
4.Ananas Noire 85 days over 1 pound known as black pine apple
5. Pink Berkeley Tie Dye 65 days amazing green and orange 12 ounces my best pick and ordered 100 seeds!!
6. Zebra Cherry 80 days streaks determinate.
7. Purple Tomatillo 70 days looks great!

I have about 6 others that I bought from the stores!

This Pink Berkley is worth looking at!

https://www.territorialseed.com

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

Hey Bobberman, nice list. I think you should probably know that what they are showing and describing as Pink Berkeley Tie Dye is actually Berkely Tie Die. Pink Berkeley is not a green and striped, it is a dark purple and striped, no green. Here's the link to Brad Gate's website , he's the breeder of the tie dyes, and the page showing it, I think plain Berkeley TD is there on that page too. Maybe you can call Territorial, because it's definitely a misrepresentation. https://shop.wildboarfarms.com/TOMATO-SE ... htm?page=2
I hope this helps as I hate to see someone get the wrong seeds. It's a very strange thing, because Territorial is a well thought of company in the tomato " community", they usually do a good job. :roll:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Thanks for the info. It still looks great with your link!. Has anyone grown it!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I must say the picture from Territorial is right Juliuskitty. The only thing I would remotely argue is that looks like a red tomato, though I blame lighting. Pink Berkeley is obviously pink, hence the name. Pink fleshed fruit have a clear epidermis and red fruit have a yellowish epidermis. Same thing you would use to determine a black vs a purple. The markings on it are also very Pink Berkeley Tie Dye.

One thing is for certain it is NOT Berkeley Tie Die. This is a green fleshed fruit, this is far from that. hope this helps. :mrgreen:

https://shop.wildboarfarms.com/BERKELEY-TIE-DYE-BTD.htm

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Oh yeah sorry I forgot.....

I have grown it as well as many people I know. You will like it great flavor, moderate production, plus they look so dang cool. :D

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

Gixx, the picture they have NOW is definitely the RIGHT one for PBTD. I know I am not going crazy, at least I think I am not. I swear a few days ago they had the green and pink interiored BTD up, instead of this picture. So weird. :shock:

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Territorial is a very good seed seller and their Pink Berkeley Tie Dye is the same as Wild Boar Farms, the original source. I have grown it and for me it has been more like the photo in Territorial than the neon colored one with all the green. Mine have been multi-colored but more pink than anything. Taste: pretty good; production: fair; appearance: interesting.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sorry if there was any confusion the pic I posted above is the (NOT PINK) Berkeley Tie Dye. Which IS a green when ripe (GWR).

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I have grown the Berkeley Tie Dye and the Pink Berkeley Tie Dye I did not have very good luck with the Berkeley Tie Dye the fruit was good but it just did not produce very well for me hope you have better luck, on the other hand the Pink Berkeley Tie Dye was early very attractive dark mahogany color with green stripes and it was great eating as well. Indigo Rose did very well plenty of fruit on a smaller plant taste was average. not sure about the zebra cherry I grew a Green Zebra Cherry that did well I liked it. Ananas Noire great eating not a very good producer for me. good luck you look like you are growing some very good tomatoes.

feldon30

Pink Berkeley Tie Dye has a wonderful flavor. I ordered seeds and will be starting them soon for my second batch of tomato plants. It's a new experience to live somewhere that I can have such a long tomato season!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I hope your BTD does better than ours. 4 years ago we had one and it just didn't like our long term super high temps. We had 4 days above 105 F. I lost ALL of my GWR and several other hard to find heirlooms. What fruits didn't literally boil in the skins on the vine, were scalded so badly they were inedible.. That was all the plants though. BTD just didn't recover. It was finicky before that, too. I'm excited to see it do well for you! Maybe one of these days we'll try it again!

Return to “Heirloom Tomatoes Forum”