gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Kleopatra

This is a true work horse. I don't think I have ever seen a plant put on more fruit than this. I would even put it up against some cherry's in numbers. Did I mention this thing took total control of my garden, I found this 3 plants down one way and 2 plants down the other. So prolific is an understatement.

I got this from Saska in Croatia. Funny thing is they are not perfectly true to type, mine were a bit off shape wise they should be round from the only 2 pics I can find on the web. Not much info on these. The real funny thing is I know 2-3 others in the world that had these same year and everyone of us something different. The others had seed each from different sources.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Sheesh, you and Applestar both with nice crops of tomatoes. I'm jealous all over again. Those plants are heavy with fruit is an understatement. The ripe ones near the backsplash look a bit like the Creole's I grow with the splitting near the stem end and the bulbous growth.

I just put in 8 tomato plants for the fall garden and will get at least 4 more in the cherry variety. My tomatoes do much better in the fall than they do in the spring/summer months.

Good looking crop you have there.

imafan26
Mod

Wow, that's great. I did not get that many tomatoes this year, but the two I recently planted are starting to flower. So there is hope! I live frost free, so I can get tomatoes year round. Unfortunately, so can the birds.

applestar
Mod

So what are the fruits like and taste like? Is it less juice/more paste type? Tangy acid/good for canning?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Apple they had a good balanced flavor, a great sauce or salad tomato. Not a true paste but more paste than say beefsteak with lots of gel. I am pretty sure I sent you some. They went with just about every trade.

Imafan that pic is from last year. That was from one picking. That was actually the last harvest of the year. So not bad for being that old. Did I say they were productive? 8)

Return to “Heirloom Tomatoes Forum”