gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Bushy Chabarovsky

This is a great plant very productive and tasty with a sweet mellow flavor. This one will come back next year. The fruit have the tiniest amount of fuzz on them like a peach. This makes them look very pale pink. It is Determinate and early, don't let them get over ripe. In the end they all ripened at once so be ready to pick them all. Though there was a steady slow stream of them beforehand.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

So odd.....I was fairly sure this thread was about a Russian girl I knew in college.... :eek:

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

Is it heirloom or hybrid? It looks very productive. I might have to plant one next year...

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

It is a heirloom. Not sure if it is easily available. It is a Russian commercial variety. If you can't find them let me know.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

This is one Gixx will tug on the end of: Its an heirloom

And I will (because of its russian provinance) asign it: Its an Open Pollinated

Its still a good determinate tomato.

gepstein

There are "peach tomatoes". Wonder if they are the same as the Chabarovsky? Don't think it is.

applestar
Mod

I was trying to grow a yellow fuzzy tomto called Waspsinipicon Peach tomato this year, but it was started late and got left behind. How did this one taste? Is the fuzz noticeable when eating?

tomc
Super Green Thumb

For me wapsinicon peach was a spitter.

Now I'm not finding any notes (of mine) on chabarovsky. So I'm drawing a rating blank.

I keep hoping these hairy tomato have some resistance to soil splashed disease...

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

tomc wrote:This is one Gixx will tug on the end of: Its an heirloom

And I will (because of its russian provinance) asign it: Its an Open Pollinated

Its still a good determinate tomato.

What??? I never said it was a heirloom. I can't even find where I got them from but I think I know. I really know nothing about this.

Apple the taste was good as a pink should be. Mine were barely fuzzy. And not fuzzy like a bear or like Fozzy the Bear. They were good not knock my socks off good but they were productive so that is a plus. I will more than likely bring it back next year, a worthwhile plant in my opinion.

Return to “Heirloom Tomatoes Forum”