minnesota_girl

"double delight" rose- info?

Hi, I have a rose here called "double delight" does anybody know much about this rose, in particular? I just got it and the package didn't say much.

Ivy

I have one and it's doing great and a very beautiful rose..I had 2 winter die before this one. But it's been doing good for 3 years now.

minnesota_girl

Thank you so much! I was begining to think none of you new anything about this rose. What color is it exactly? The package had a picture but I Think it was faded. I think it was yellow and pink.

Newt
Greener Thumb

Minnesota Girl, Double Delight is a hybrid tea rose. I've seen sites that say it's hardy to zone 5.
https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/factsheets/roses/doubledelight.htm

I also read somewhere it's quite susceptible to black spot but it's very fragrant.

Newt

Ivy

It's a gorgeous red and white!! Large blooms...Black Spot..yuck!!! I thin every rose gets BS!!! Mine does not have any yet.. I have a ton that do, and I'm getting sick of spraying fungicide every week...I just got a Knockout rose and so far it's doing great...Every rose I have (about 50) all said "BS resistant" yeah.. right...If the Knockout does good, I'm planning on replacing any dead ones next year with Knockouts...BTW...the Japanese Beetles have not gone near it...but that's another story.. Enjoy Double Delight...it's a beauty..

minnesota_girl

Zone 5? That stinks. I'll have to put something over it for insulation then. Hopefully we'll get a lot of snow then.
Vigorous; hardy; good disease resistance; spreading, bushy habit; glossy, medium green abundant leaves; mildew resistant; must have an open sunny location; does not tolerate wet weather; 3 foot spread; good cut flower; free flowering
Sounds like it will make a great rose. Thank you so much, Ivy and Newt.

Return to “Rose Forum”