kevinschoppe
Cool Member

grandpasrose wrote:
1) I mix my epsom salts 2 cups to 16 cups alfalfa to 30 gallons water. Each plant gets about a gallon. I do this probably about every three weeks or so.
VAL
I got this stuff mentioned in this thread. I now mix it in while I plant, but what about putting this stuff on regular roses? I guess mix it in a water bucket and apply it to the plants or do you put it in the bead then water it?

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Hey Kevin! I put this on all of my roses about every three weeks. Some people use it more often than that. I just mix it all up in the barrell that holds 30 gallons. It needs to brew for about a week, and then I water the roses from the barrell. I give each rose about one gallon each. Because I have so many roses, I always have a couple of batches of this on the go all the time!
You can put alfalfa and epsom salts in the soil around your roses and water them in. I think this is a bit slower acting though.
Great to hear you asking "normal" rose questions again, not disaster ones!! :wink:
VAL
VAL (Grandpa's Rose)

JPIXI

Hello Val,

Can I bury directly all those fish remains and banana peels to my roses?

Cheers,
Pixi

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

You sure can! My partner, Ross, eats a banana every single morning, and guess where he puts his banana peel? He tosses it in the rose garden. They dry right up and you don't even notice them in a day, and the roses love them. Make sure when you bury the fish remains, that you remember where you buries them, wouldn't want to dig them up again too soon! Phew! :lol:
Actually, my grandfather used to bury fish under his roses and peonies all the time - many years ago of course, but the reason still holds true!
Feed them well and they will grow to love you, and you will grow to love them! :wink:

Val
VAL (Grandpa's Rose)

JPIXI

Thanks Val!

I have about 4 banana peels each days, it is good to know how to use them now.

Bonne soirée,
Pixi

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Never a problem Pixi !! :D

Ayez belle Pâques!

Val
VAL (Grandpa's Rose)

Return to “Rose Forum”